Monday, June 26, 2006


CHANGKS LUNCHEON
(I knew I had to write about the luncheon today since Tammy jokingly asked me yesterday, "So, this deserves a blog entry, right?" Don't worry, Tammy, you two are worth a thousand blog entries!)
It was a bittersweet moment Sunday when we gathered together for Tammy and Jesse's farewell luncheon.
It was a really good turnout as we toasted the two, as they planned to move on to a new area of ministry.
Personally, I had a chance to reflect on what they've meant to us the past 7 years while writing in their scrapbook. I definitely remembered all the laughs (Jesse's ebonics emails and the way Tammy's whole face lights up when she laughs uncontrollably) and all the meals together and of course, all the time spent at their home, Midwick Manse.
Then, as I started to get all teary-eyed, I remembered that they were not moving. And they'd still be just across the street from us. Even though they won't be with us each Sunday, they still are our partners in Christ, our friends, our brother and sister.
Plus, is no doubt, going to do some amazing things in them and through them in their next adventure in ministry.
So, it was definitely bittersweet. Jesse, Tammy, your presence on a weekly basis will definitely be missed. But I know you two are always just a street and just a phone call away.
Comments:
*sniff sniff...so sweet! We love you guys too :)

Btw, I was trying to place where that picture was taken...was that at dim sum with Nathan?
 
Yes the picture was taken by my very own hubby at the dim sum!
 
waaaaah!!!! :(
i'm sorry i missed it all. i'm gonna have to pay midwick manse a visit when i get back.
take care. love, ames
 
Thanks Victor... I just like seeing my name in writing on the web... :D It's like I'm almost famous...;) Yes, we will miss you guys too. And you can be a peeping tom at our kitchen window anytime! ;) HAHA! (Face lighting up!)

Tammy
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]