Sunday, May 28, 2006

SANDY AND MIKE'S WEDDING
My niece Sandy (it's kind of confusing to explain how she's my niece while not being the daughter of Raymond or Sandra so you'll just have to take my word for it) and her fiance Mike got married on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony, complete with a few laughs and lots of tears of joy. Congrats to Sandy, one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and Mike, a very good guy.
Their story was interesting because they attended many of the same schools and churches and never met . . . until Sandra and Gabe's wedding three years ago. So, they owe a lot of it to the two of them. And they sure did give Sanj and Gabe their props, getting mentioned multiple times including in their slide show! =) Sandy and Mike used Howie Day's song "Collide" to describe their relationship because they were in so many of the same places until finally their lives collided. By the way, that's an awesome song.
Here are some quick thoughts I have about weddings after attending this one:
(1) Even though their live band was good, I'm not such a fan of live bands at weddings. I'd much rather hear the original songs.
(2) Even though they look much nicer, I still prefer banquets at a Chinese restaurant. There's more food and more courses so you don't need as much filler to make the night complete. Plus, I love shark's fin soup!
(3) I like going from the first dance straight into the first dance.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]