Tuesday, May 02, 2006



BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
Okay, this is going to be a contoversial blog.
Karena borrowed the critically-acclaimed movie about two gay cowboys yesterday and started watching it late last night. I was doing something else and walked in the room to find Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal rolling around on the floor. That was enough for me. I left the room.
But somehow, I felt like I should give it another shot, perhaps trying to figure out what the fuss was all about regarding the movie, to see if it was really as good as people had said, and/or just to say that I saw the movie. Well, after watching for another 5 minutes, I saw the two madly kissing. That was enough for me.
It was too much for me stomach. I felt uncomfortable and couldn't watch another second.
Some might think I'm close-minded or call me something worse. But the bottom line is this: I don't hate gay people. Some very good friends of mine are gay and I love them like I would anybody else. But I do believe that what they are doing is wrong.
(Oh and by the way, Karena said that if you take out the novely of the gay story line, the movie was just so-so with nothing more to comment about.)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]