Monday, May 15, 2006



BACKGROUND MUSIC
For most people, background music stays exactly where it should: in the background. But for me, I've always loved music and I usually end up hearing it, even while having a serious conversation or when I really should be paying attention.
After my grandfather's memorial service, the entire family lined up and had everybody greet us with their condolences after paying their final respects. But right in the middle of this somber time, I almost started laughing because the organist started playing the Theme Music from Titanic. And then she followed it up with Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" from The Bodyguard. Can you believe that?
While Jesse, Richard and Danette were standing in front of me, waiting to say something sympathetic, I blurted out, "Are they playing Titanic? What's up with that?"
I guess I should have kept the background music in the background.
Comments:
Actually I've in the past bit my lip from the urge to laugh, because the funerals that we go to is always at the same place. Their organ played songs in the background always included the song "It had to be you". What's that all about?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]