Tuesday, April 18, 2006

WHAT I SAID
My grandfather passed away this morning around 6:30am. Since he had suffered multiple organ failure, he was struggling towards the end. But once he passed, my mom said he looked VERY peaceful and even appeared to have a smile. All his children were by his side.
Karena and I went to visit him last night and were able to say a few final words to him. And even though he was unable to respond, we still spoke to him like normal.
I didn't know what I was going to say, but here was a brief summary:
"I was just telling mom about the good laugh we had a few weeks ago when you were still on the 5th floor of the hospital before your surgery. Raymond used to find you during school while you were there learning English. You used to always steal him a few grapes from the snack table and he was always thankful. Can you believe that was nearly 25 years ago now?
I still remember how you always brought us food, kept us laughing, gave us massages, let us watch Dumbo over and over and over. You were always fun to be with and always had a smile on your face.
And you've always been so nice to Karena, giving her gifts and saying nice things about her.
And now, we're happy to hear that you have been baptized and believed in God. So, don't be afraid. You'll soon be with Jesus.
We love you very much."
And with that, I kissed him on the forehead.
Comments:
sorry to hear abt his passing but rejoice that he had faith in God and is resting in a better place. your words to him were so endearing. thank you for sharing and prayers to your family. God bless!
 
Thanks for sharing, Victor. Your grandfather is going home. =)


"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them." --Revelation 14:13
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]