Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A TERRIBLE DAY
Yesterday proved to be one of my worst days of late. First, I reported to jury duty in downtown with the hopes of only having to stay the one day since I had a huge caseload of patients anxiously awaiting my return. But unfortunately, I got put on a panel and am already sitting in the jury. I brought so much reading material that I wanted to finish and didn't get to read much at all. Plus, I was excited to get to use my iPod in earnest for once . . . and didn't get to do much of that either.
And of course, the attorneys couldn't meet for the afternoon so afterwards, I called my boss to let them know I'd be out at least until tomorrow or maybe even the whole week. That got them nervous and they asked if I could come in to work for the rest of the afternoon. I was so shocked by the question that I fumbled a "yes."
Stupid me.
Next thing I know, I'm working and have all my plans to visit Karena's dad and my grandfather before watching the UCLA/Florida game completely derailed. Plus, my dad might have needed a ride to pick up his car that was in the shop, but that got messed up too.
I just should have said no. My fault.
Anyway, I ended up not seeing Karena's dad and went to watch the game at the Wais place. I was so heartbroken that I have been avoiding any sports broadcast. All I watched on ESPN was 5 minutes of Baseball Tonight. But I even had to turn that off when I saw the ticker on the bottom report the final score of the UCLA game again. The refs made some bad calls and UCLA played tentatively and let the Gators dunk and dunk . . . and dunk. That's all I can say about it without getting emotional.
Let's hope today is a better day.
Comments:
refs didn't even make A LOT of calls!!! heartbroken as well. so close yet so far away now!
 
Sorry you're not having a good day :( Couldn't you get out of jury duty because you really have to work?
 
remember that illustration used in a sermon this past year about how people could only focus on how michelle kwan "lost" the gold medal in 2002, and neglected to see all that she had accomplished?

we may not have won the NCAA championships this year, but don't forget how far we've come. keep your chin up!

GO BRUINS (and michelle kwan!)! =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]