Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT
I was really hoping for a good day today at work since it's our anniversary, but I had no such luck.
After having by far the busiest day ever at work in which I saw a record number of outpatients and hospital patients, I was also grilled by the hospital accreditation people (JCAHO) twice. But everything worked out well and my boss was pleased with my performance. Thank God!
But what I was most disturbed by was when I was closing down the department just minutes before 6pm (closing time). I turned off the TV and the patient says, "Hey, what are you doing? Why did you do that?
"Ma'am, we're closed."
"What time do you close?"
"6 o'clock."
"Well, it's only 5:55."
"I'm sorry, ma'am, we're all gone by 6 o'clock so I have to close up now."
It bothered me that she had such a sense of entitlement as to even question when I should close up the department. After the crazy day I had, I was in no mood to deal with her.
So, I turned off the TV and walked away.
Comments:
I got that this week too. We select photos we thought were worthy enough to display in different slideshows on our web site, and it is free advertisment for the photographer. Since I had to do dozens of them in a short time, there is bound to be one mistake. So one slideshow was miscredited by mistake. This photographer called everyone, e-mailed, or whatever - saying that we had cost her a lot of business and correcting the credit is only a 'slap on the wrist'. So she DEMANDED that we should compensate with a top advert (top spot "paid" advert). Hellooo, you can't say "compensate" when it is "free". People flock to have their photos displayed for free, and she thinks she is entitled to some top dollar expense.
 
Hmm...sounds like YOU got vacation-itis bad too!

--JC
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]