Friday, April 14, 2006

GOOD FRIDAY
I have to admit that with everything going on these days, Good Friday kind of snuck up on us this year. Still, the events of the last week and the last few months have really helped to deepen my faith and taught me new things about the Christian life and our lives here on earth:
(1) I prayed in Mandarin for the first time ever the other night. I held my grandfather's hand and said things that probably didn't make sense (I'm really out of practice), but I figure God already knows what I'm trying to say.
(2) It was great to have Darian's mom Irene Ng be my grandfather's nurse when we visited Thursday morning. She took extra special care of him.
(3) Overall, his lab work has been showing some improvement in his liver and kidney function. He's also off the ventiator, but is still intubated. He also is still sleeping most of the day but does open his eyes ever so briefly.
(4) We still pray with Karena's dad every night before we leave. He's getting stronger and will be preparing for a transfer to a higher level Acute Rehab facility in Northridge soon.
(5) I'd be lying if I said all this wasn't hard on the two of us. But I'm working on trying to have better communication and better quality time with Karena so that our marriage won't suffer.
(6) Through it all, I have to say that I'm truly thankful and feel that God has provided abundantly and has done some great things. Thanks for your prayers and your genuine "how are you's". They've meant the world to us.
(7) This Good Friday will be different than any other, and yet somehow, I feel more appreciative and generate more power from Christ's crucifixation than ever. He died for me, I'll live for Him.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]