Monday, March 20, 2006

QUICK THOUGHTS
1. Yesterday was the memorial service for Charice's grandmother's Mrs. Leung. She babysat for many of her grandchildren and friends, including Karena, Enoch, Eunice, Charice, Mike, Andrew, etc. What a party that must have been! The recurring theme everybody mentioned was how she loved God and loved her family. I remember she would always smile and say nice things to me in Cantonese whenever she saw me. And she would go to all three services every Sunday, despite not being able to understand much English or Mandarin. She was an amazing woman who is now with the Lord, but she will be missed.
2. It's sad that today's world does not really allow people to have many kids. In our parents generation, they were able to have more kids and that meant a larger family. For example, the chances are high that if we all have only two kids, our kids will only have 1 sibling and 4 cousins. But just yesterday alone, I saw four of my 11 cousins -- Joyce (with husband Mike), Shirley (with husband Gerald), Jonathan, and Kimmy and three aunts and two uncles. That's a sad thought, but I just don't think it's feasible to have large families like that anymore.
3. When Mike, Jason, and Luong came over Saturday for Foosball III (which we won by the way), it meant another great time of guys hanging out, having some meaningful conversation over basketball and lunch. Mike was kind enough to get me 2 Big Macs for $3 and an Apple Pie. . . and let me tell you, those were the best Big Macs I've ever had! And I haven't had a McDonald's apple pie in so long that it tasted like a $20 dessert. Thanks Mike!
Comments:
Be a trend-setter. Have lots of kids! Don't delay! Start now! ; )
 
I'm not even dating much less married so I'm probably going to ruin my chances here but I wouldn't mind having lots and lots of kids. Of course, I wouldn't be the one having them...
 
Having three kids are en vogue these days. It's the new two! You can doooo it! You can do it aaalll night long! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]