Monday, March 06, 2006



QUICK THOUGHTS

1. Karena bought a pair of Kenneth Cole casual shoes she saw on sale at the Ross near her dad's nursing facility. she got a great deal on a pair that retailed for over $100 that look similar to the ones in the picture. I'm not yet sure how to wear shoes like this, but I'm learning.

2. Every week, I'm so impressed at what CEFC's worship team does to help facilitate worship. They sound SO good every week. I appreciate what Danette's team does to bring energy, Jesse's team's heart, Nathan C's guitar playing that complements the song perfectly, Janet and Simon's keyboard playing, Tammy and Tiff's singing . . . I could go on and on. Thank God for these gifted people!

3. I've spent all weekend uploading our CDs to my iPod. And I realized that all our CDs are from the '90s. In fact, every time I thought that this CD is surely from the 2000s, I would flip to the back of the CD case and see the truth: 1999. Man, this is sad. I felt old. Mike tried to make me feel better by saying that the 2000s was when people stopped buying CDs in favor of downloading music.

4. Eunice lost her phone last week and sent out a mass e-mail to start up her phone list again. She told me the next day that apparently losing her cell phone is like losing a family member. Many people wrote back and said, "My condolences" or "Sorry for your loss." How sad (and funny) is that?

5. I've never heard so many Chinese people conflicted over Ang Lee's Best Director Oscar win for "Brokeback Mountain." On the one hand, they wanted Lee to win to support their fellow countryman. But, they were so opposed to the movie's homosexual plot that they didn't want the movie to win anything. I guess they got the best of all possible worlds by having Lee win, but the movie lost to "Crash" for best picture. I have to admit that I had a similar sentiment and was happy to see "Crash" win. Plus, I thought "Crash" was the more important movie for the year. But then again, I didn't see "Brokeback" so I guess this is a biased opinion.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]