Monday, February 06, 2006


SUPER BOWL RECAP
Although I was sad to miss out on watching the game at Enoch's with Koinonia, I was glad that we were able to help Karena's dad sit up in the wheelchair twice during the game. Thank God he's finally starting to take a turn for the better.
Anyway, the game was pretty fun to watch. It featured a little bit of everything, even though it was relatively low-scoring. I was rooting for Pittsburgh since I've been watching so much ESPN these last two weeks. All they've been showing are sob stories about Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Bill Cowher and other Steelers who've overcome adversity, criticism and/or are approaching retirement. So, I'm glad they won. Plus, Seattle's loss gives me more to trash talk about with Ko! =)
As for this year's commercials, I did like the Budweiser card show/wave one where one crowd pours the beer into the mug. And I did also like the sheep streaker one, Ameriquest's medical misunderstanding where the guy kills the fly, and Mastercard's MacGyver commercial. Karena's favorite was, of course, the sentimental young Clydesdale one.
And I guess ABC agrees that sex sells. Because right after the Super Bowl was over, they showed an episode of Grey's Anatomy (Karena's favorite show) where the three female main characters are all in the shower together. Of course, this is just a dream sequence in the show, but ABC figures it knows how to reel in male viewers. I remember a few years back, they showed an episode of Alias right after the game and Jennifer Garner came out in the skimpiest bikini. The next day, my co-worker didn't say anything about the game, except, "All I know is I'm going to start watching Alias from now on!"
Comments:
You know, we don't get all the same commercials in Canada? A bit disappointing, although we did get the sheep streaker one, which was hilarious. The card trick beer one was ok. Didn't get to see any of the other ones.

I was watching with friends from Pittsburgh, so I had to root for the Steelers, although I secretly wanted a really close game, after having my fantasy season propped up by the Seahawks this year.

--N
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]