Thursday, January 05, 2006

NOT FEELING LIKE OURSELVES
When you go to Kaiser to visit a patient after 8 pm, they make you sign in with a security guard before going upstairs. At first, I was really turned off by this since we were visiting on a nightly basis and this seemed like such an inconvenience and a waste of time. Who ever reads the names? And who really cares? Plus, the security guards weren't the brightest (i.e. they often asked me what room multiple times and still got it wrong).
But my frustation with the process gave way to my active imagination. I've always toyed with the idea of playing other people ... so that's what we started doing. We started signing in as our friends and would have to act and talk like them until we got to her dad's room. Some of the people we've pretended to be include Jason and Debbie, Tammy and Jesse, Danette and Richard, P. Rich and Connie, Rev. and Mrs. Lo, Simon and Vanessa, and one couple that we're slowly trying to get together (although it'll probably take about a year . . . and they don't know it yet, but I'm telling you it's work! In fact, when I signed in as John Smith (names changed since I can't let you know who we're talking about) and Sally Jones, Karena said, "If you're so sure they're going to get together and married, why didn't you just sign her in as Sally Smith?" I love it!) =)
Don't worry guys, I've used short names so your full names were never really fully there, but it was fun playing you guys. Tomorrow, I think we'll shoot for Tyrone and Kat! =)
Maybe we've been watching too much Alias and 24.
Comments:
You can borrow my mustache.
 
you guys are insane! i can't believe you signed in as my parents!!! i wanna see you talk and act like them! that's awesome!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]