Sunday, December 25, 2005

BREAKDOWN? BREAKTHROUGH
Merry Christmas everyone!
After having such a tough time over these last few months dealing with all the stresses of life and having to work near 10 hour days on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after, I've been feeling miserable and not in the Christmas spirit at all. Well, yesterday, while driving home after work. I finally had my breakdown while driving home.
Breakdown? No, breakthrough.
I'm privileged and blessed to not only know that Jesus is Savior and Lord, but I'm also privileged and blessed to know Him personally. He came to this world for me, and I should glorify Him, no matter what my current condition is. And so, with that in mind, as I sat in front of our Christmas tree alone in the dark, with only the tree lights on as I do every year, I said these lyrics as a prayer:


Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum
pum pum,
Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum
pum,
Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.


Comments:
Hang in there big guy. You can look forward to Sat.! =)
 
merry christmas! I saw karena and the whole cefc gang today at Noodle Planet! I was wondering why you weren't there. Hang in there victor! You're doing a great job and I'm sure the patients appreciate your effort.
 
I was going to ask about the sitting in front of the tree thing in the last post, but I thought it would eventually come to you :)

My mum likes that song. I actually like the Jars Of Clay's version of the "Little Drummer Boy". There are two Jars Of Clay versions, one is the regular acoustic version (which plays on the radio), and the other one is the "Grinch Mix" version. I like it when Jars experiment :)
 
yeah i too like the jars of clay version (no surprise there hehe). But what I really like about the song is the blurb from the cover of it...

"A silent night pierced by the simple rhythm of a drum. No one could possibly understand how a drum could sound like a symphony. No one except this young boy and God, who may have closed his eyes and listened. The world would be forever shaken by the intrusion of Grace.
No one could possibly understand how the cry of a baby could sound like a symphony. No one except God and the world who so desperately needed a Saviour.
This boy knew.
For the giving of himself so fully could only be shadowed by the one for whom he played."


aldous
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]