Thursday, November 03, 2005

YELLED AT
I'm sure reading about some of the struggles I have at work is getting as boring as it is to write them. But today, I just felt like I was slowly getting worn down like how water erosion slowly wears away the shore.
Today, a patient's daughter yelled at me over the phone because she couldn't understand why her father wasn't being seen at least once a week. She yelled and did not let me get a word in. So, I just let her yell. And I just took it.
And let me tell you, that was tough. See, her father shouldn't even be in physical therapy anymore since he's been seen for 8 months (that's unheard of). He should have been discharged already, but I feel bad for him so I let him continue. Anyway, after she was done yelling, I told her that he HAS been coming once a week and has been scheduled for the next few weeks already. She recognized her mistake and hung up the phone.
But the damage had been done. I was spent.
Thank God I come home to a very supportive and loving wife.
Comments:
*sigh* There's nothing I could do, but here is something for all of us to breath in...

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]