Monday, November 21, 2005


CLASSICAL MUSIC
Over the last few months, work has gotten pretty busy. That means I end up working longer hours (without getting paid for it). And then, when I go home, I'm always sitting in traffic that seems to be getting progressively worse. So, the road rage starts to build and I find myself getting angry more easily.
So, on Thursday night, I was listening to my Ocean's Eleven CD and skipped over to the track featuring Debassey's Claire de lune. (listen here, but the Ocean's Eleven version is better with a complete ensemble). It helped me relax and to ease my anger. Plus, it reminds me of the scene from the movie where they're all watching the Bellagio water show after pulling off the biggest heist in Las Vegas history. They're each filled with a sense of playfulness, laughter, accomplishment, brotherhood, and camaraderie. And then, one by one, they each disappear into the night before they're all gone. Listening to the song on the way home brings those kind of feelings to my head and makes me smile and laugh.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]