Sunday, November 27, 2005

24
When Jack Bauer, of TV's "24," stays up for more than a day, he usually ends up saving the world. When I do it, I only wind up grumpy and with a few Christmas gifts. Here is what happened:
On Wednesday, I opened up the newspaper to find an ad stating that the Camarillo outlets would start their After-Thanksgiving sales at midnight. I mentioned it to Karena and we thought we'd go shop for a few hours, then I'll sleep a few hours and go to work Friday morning. No problem.
Well, it was a big problem! We drove there with Sandra and Gabe and K's sister Rani after eating Thanksgiving dinner. Suddenly, there was all this traffic. But it wasn't an accident, it was the line to exit the freeway to go to the outlets. I had a terrible time finding parking. Then, we waited an hour and a half (no joke) just to get in to Banana Republic. And it was so crowded in the store, you couldn't even look around. Then, you had to wait 2 hours (again, no joke) just to pay for the items you were buying. We didn't get out of there until 4:30am. That's the ONLY store we went too.
And I felt bad because I left Sandra and Gabe to wait in line to pay while I went to the car to try to sleep. I didn't fall asleep though. But luckily, Sandra and Gabe are good people and they weren't upset. I slept about a half hour while Karena drove home.
After getting home, it was 5:20. Rather than sleeping one more hour before work, I opted to shower and head out again to Robinsons-May (my favorite department store) so I could partake in their After-Thanksgiving sale. Since the store will be gone for good in a few months, I had to go for the sale just this one last time. I got almost all my shopping done before heading out to go to work.
I miracaously made it through a full 10 hours of work before heading home and crashing after dinner at 8:45.
I think I would have felt better if I saved the world.
Comments:
Too bad each of you didn't have your own camera to record each other. I can see the time clock ticking away and the 24 split screen showing you asleep in the car, Sandra and Gabe in the line, and Karena eating doughnuts and drinking 7-11 coffee.
 
Friday was NO SHOPPING DAY. But that doesn't make you feel any better, huh? Sorry, man.

http://www.adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]