Sunday, October 16, 2005

















WHAT'S COOL?
I feel like I must be getting older because my views on certain things considered "cool" are changing. I don't think these things are cool, but almost stupid.
Here are a few examples:
(1) Every time I go to Alhambra's Renaissance movie theater, I see all these high schoolers driving around in their "pimped-out" Integras or Civics, blasting their music loudly, seat reclined all the way, etc. I just shake my head at them. It's sickening to know that those types of things make them popular. To me, it's just sad.
(2) I think people who walk around with their Bluetooth headset in their ears look presumptuous and arrogant. I know they're just trying to use the hands-free technology that's offered to them, but I find it almost pompous on most people.
(3) I also find it rude when people don't look out for other people. People are too quick to honk their horn and speed up when somebody is trying to change lanes. People rarely hold the door open for others nowadays. I know a PT who is generally very cordial, but I question her true feelings because whenver she walks through a door, she opens it for herself and keept walking, letting the door slam into the patient. Every time! Even if they've had a stroke! She just doesn't seem to realize . . . or care. It's sad.
What is the matter with me? When did I become so judgmental? Should I be taking the plank out of my own eye instead of trying to take out the speck in another's eye (Matt 7:3-5)? I need to learn how to let all this go.
Comments:
Many women don't hold doors open for anyone other than themselves. Guess they aren't used to the practice.
 
I didn't leave that comment! Haha.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]