Tuesday, October 18, 2005

SINGING IN THE RAIN
One of the drawbacks to having my off-day on a different day than Karena is that there's nobody to pick me up when I take my car in for servicing.
Yesterday, I went to a mechanic that came highly recommended. The problem? His shop is out in Canoga Park. So, I drove out there early in the morning with a bag full of reading material and snacks, planning to stay there the whole day.
Karena was nice enough to photocopy the Thomas Guide to show where I'd be going and three malls and a nearly college and other points of interest I might want to walk to. She even made the brilliant suggestion of walking to the movie theater and highlighted that too. Unfortunately, the rain derailed most of those plans. But I still managed to walk to one of the malls and hung out there for a while. During the process, I did get soaked from on the rain and from one car who splashed up a huge puddle all over me.
But other than that, I enjoyed my time -- looking at the fast-flowing LA River, visiting a Best Buy, a Beverages and More, eating a healthy burger from Topz, and just taking in all the sights and sounds of the valley.
In all, the car took about 8 hours to finish, but I got three major problems all taken care off and was very happy with the service.
It may have rained and I may have gotten drenched, but I was singing.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]