Wednesday, October 05, 2005


SANDRA'S DELICOUS TOFU DISH
My sister Sandra (Tang) shared with me one of the quickest and most delicious tofu dishes I've ever seen. In literally 5 minutes, she took two boxes of tofu and some random sauces (soy sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce, and furikake) and turned them into the dish you see on the left.
I took her advice and tried it on Monday night. Since I will have Mondays off for the next 6 months, I've decided to cook Karena dinner every Monday night.
I wanted to make a good impression for the first dinner so I opted to make the tofu dish. Karena was so impressed, she had many pieces, even after she was full. In fact, she even called Sandra to thank her and has been talking about it all day today.
It made me feel good, but I have to give props to my sister.
Comments:
Wow! I love tofu! I'll try that! Sometimes we also eat tofu with preserved duck egg...you know the ones they use in porridge, then drizzle sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar over it. Put the last finishing touch using green onions. Try it, if you don't mind the duck egg. But yea, what's furikake? And what's the green stuff on top? Onions? What about dried fish flakes...is that it?
 
OK. I'm game. I'll try it asap!
 
Furikake is the dried seaweed and black sesame stuff that comes ina little container. You all know what it is -- the stuff that Japanese people put on their rice. It tastes good! =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]