Friday, September 16, 2005


WAR OF THE WORLDS
If any of you have ever wondered what is the absolute WORST movie ever, look no further than "War of the Worlds." Sure, "Glitter" and "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!" and "The Last Action Hero" put up a good fight for WORST movie, but this one takes the cake.
As I've mentioned before I almost always love Tom Cruise movies. In fact, some of his movies (Top Gun, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire) are my all-time favorites.
But Worlds just didn't have a good script, didn't have a strong enough cast, and didn't even come close to having a good plot. Plus, the ending was so terrible, I barely even understood it. Can somebody please clarify what happened?
I appreciate my uncle for getting us this movie from Hong Kong. But, sadly, this movie was a big disappointment. In fact, the best part about it was the strange english subtitles that accompany this Russian VCD. The subtitles would say something completely different from whatever was actually being said. When Tom Cruise would call out for Rachel, for example, it'd say: "Lighting strikes the timber of." Every time! Can you believe that! That was the most entertaining part of the whole movie.
Comments:
If you didn't watch the movie, but want to see it STOP HERE cause I'm about to ruin the ending (though I strongly discourage anyone from throwing 2 hours of their lives down the drain)!

See...what had happened was the aliens hadn't built up an immune system to the earth's environment so basically they just started dropping dead like flies after a while. Now what kind of stupid ending is that? I feel you on this being one of the worst movies ever...this movie sucked.

If you haven't seen the movie yet and are still reading this...you're better off watching Independence Day.
 
Hey...I actually liked the latter 2 of your list of potential-worst movies.
 
i haven't seen it, but from what i hear, battlefield earth is supposed to be the worst movie ever made. it swept at the razzies.

tyrone
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Can I throw "Point Break" into the mix?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]