Friday, September 23, 2005



SHEN 24
When I was in the 5th grade, I made the La Merced basketball team. One of the perks was that I get my last name and number imprinted on the back of my PE uniform. To this day, I think back fondly upon that uniform and remember how it looked.
When I was in Emmanuel, I did a stupid thing. I saw Grace Han wearing a Cubs jersey of Mark Grace. He was one of my favorite players so I rushed right up to her and asked if she was a Cubs fan or a Mark Grace fan too. But she replied, "No, I just like his name." So, stupid me, just figured she liked his name. It wasn't until days later that I realized she liked his name because it was HER name. She bought the jersey because it said "GRACE" on the back. Duhhhh!!!
Since I came to that realization, I've always wanted a jersey that has MY name on the back. It's highly unlikely that somebody named Shen will ever make it big in any American sport, but I'm hopeful that somebody might one day have "Victor" for a last name so I can wear his jersey, like Grace Han did. So far, the closest I've come is Falcons' quarterback Michael Vick.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]