Sunday, September 18, 2005

EVENTFUL SATURDAY
We had 4 things scheduled for Saturday, and we nearly made all of them.
After getting up early for work, I was relieved to see that the day would be shorter than expected so I could go home and catch some of UCLA's victory over Oklahoma.
Afterward, we were off to Woodland Hills for Karena's co-worker's birthday party. The house was amazingly designed, but the interesting part was what happened across the street. Apparently, a father and son were having a shouting match after the dad threw the son out of the house for using drugs. The son returned and chased the father around with a golf club, threatening to kill him. Finally, some people from the birthday party intervened while others called the cops. While all that was going on, another neighbor came out dressed like a pimp in a fur coat and demanded that all the yelling stop. It was pretty interesting.
Afterward, we rushed to Monterey Park to have dinner with my family for Chinese Moon Festival. It was nice because even though we were pressed for time (we came late and left early), it was good to be able to see my cousins and my family.
We rushed out of there to head down to Reuel's place where we played Scene It? We played both the regular and the Sports edition. The regular version wasn't very fun, but the Sports one was a lot more fun. I learned that Olympic speedskater Dan Jansen set a record of 35 seconds for the 500m. And that Helen Willis won Wimbledon in 1927. I love trivia! Too bad my team came in last place for both games.
Comments:
The football teams of my schools are looking good this year. I predict that at least one of them will beat USC to take them out of first.

-Nathan
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]