Thursday, September 15, 2005

THE END OF THE INNOCENCE
While growing up, people always used to tell me that I had a lot of patience. And I think most people attriubted that not just to my attitude, but also to my age and innocence. It makes sense to me that the fewer pre-conceived notions and prejudicies you have, the easier it is to be patient and kind to people.
But as I've grown older, I'm read over and over our greatest commandment to "Love the Lord" and "love your neighbor as yourself." (On a side note, I LOVE that Jesus intertwined these two commandments into one so you can't have one without the other). And that commandment has become increasing more difficult as my work schedule gets busier and the people get less patient and less loving with me. Maybe this is the end of my innocence.
I've found myself getting frustrated at patients lately. But I'm trying to love them as I would love myself. But it's so hard.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]