Tuesday, September 13, 2005

BLACKOUT
Yesterday's blackout was crazy because I never expected a hospital to go completely pitch black. But that's exactly what happened in our department for about a full minute. I kept thinking, I'm glad I wasn't in the bathroom when it happened. Or in the elevator. Our generators kicked in emergency power for about a half hour before the lights officially came back on. So, I treated two people in near darkness, but it worked out okay.
Then, I figured most of the afternoon patients would cancel since all the traffic lights were out and there was mass confusion everywhere. But none of them did. Unlucky for me.
One of my co-workers thought it was definitely the work of al Queda. He kept saying they were "back and better than ever!" Hmmm . . . =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]