Tuesday, August 09, 2005


THE NEWS
I consider myself somebody who grew up during the era of people watching the Evening News on a nightly basis. The names Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, and Peter Jennings have rolled off my tongue for years since my dad invited them into our family room so often that they practically sat down to dinner with us.
Now, it's still hard to believe that all three are off the air ... and one of them (Jennings) passed away Sunday night. And now, hardly anybody watches the Evening News. They just log on to their computers ... or their phones or PDAs. But still, even in this new world of quick, instant access, I still think fondly of the times gone by.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]