Sunday, August 21, 2005

GREAT AUNT'S FUNERAL
I had a few thoughts from yesterday's funeral for my great aunt (my grandfather's sister):
(1) It's really good to see the Shen side of the family together, especially since we don't get to do it as often nowadays. It was especially good to see Joyce and Shirley.
(2) She was the first Christian in our family and exemplified it through her thoughts and actions. Even though her life was not smooth (her husband died after only 27 years of marriage and her son passed recently too), she would always say things like, "Who am I to always get what I want? God has already blessed me with more than I deserve." Plus, she was always more hospitable and generous with others than herself. I hope I can live with that kind of joy and perspective.
(3) Her memorial service was held at the Glendale Forest Lawn. The last time we were there was to test drive the Lexus RX 330. We went there because Karena mentioned how we drive up and down the Canyon roads everyday to get to work and wanted to testdrive it on a similar type of road. The cemetary was the best and only place in Glendale to do that.
(4) The reception afterward was held at Empress Pavilion. Obviously, that place holds special meaning for us since our wedding reception was held there. The food was really good and it gave us a little more time to chat with everybody and to see some extended family whom I've only heard about or seen pictures of.
(5) My great aunt will be missed, but we know she is overjoyed to finally be home.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]