Tuesday, August 23, 2005

EMOTIONAL OUTBURST
So, as some of you might have already heard or witnessed, I had a little emotional outburst while playing volleyball this past Sunday.
See, I'm very competitive and tend to play better once I get mad. Even before we started playing, I even jokingly turned to Karena and said, "If you want me to play better, you should yell at me to get me mad." She didn't do it, but I should be careful for what I ask for because I sure did get upset later.
After our team lost the first game, I got a little frustrated at myself. Yes, I was having fun and I think our team was decently. But for some reason, I get very frustrated playing volleyball because I make careless mistakes. Even though I'm not very good and never really played much volleyball growing up, I just think it should come naturally and easy to me. (I know it's irrational.) So when it doesn't come easily, I get very upset. So, I think it was that, plus the fact that I didn't want to lose without putting up a fight, and the frustration that was building in me over the last 6 weeks of working overtime. I just blew my top.
After getting a relatively routine hit over the net, I started screaming really loudly. All I was trying to do was rally our team and to scare the other team a little bit. But I think it got out of hand and I couldn't stop or control myself. It just went downhill from there.
So, if you were there, I apologize. I felt bad not only for myself, but for my teammates and the other team as well. I'll try to be more self-controlled this coming Sunday.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]