Tuesday, June 28, 2005

WORSHIP LEADER PART II
A few people asked me why I didn't have a joke this past Sunday, especially since I wrote about how they make me less nervous in the last blog. Well, I did have a joke (and one I've been waiting to use for years now), but because the service was very full of things and becuase it would have happened during the time of offering, I decided against it. Plus, I didn't want the focus of my worship leading to come down to jokes.
But what I would have said was this:
After the congregational prayer, as the offering bags were going around, I was supposed to introduce Amy so she could share her testimony and a Covenant Players drama as a special offeratory (instead of the music we normally have). I was going to say, "The entertainment world may have J. Lo, but we have our A. Lo."
Comments:
hahahha...lol. very funny
V
 
you're crazy, boy!
signed, A.Lo
take care. i'm flying back out to Germany today & i should be back in December for another guest appearance. hee hee.
p.s. i sure don't make the kind of salary J.Lo does!
 
Wow...so much pressure to be light and funny :P Thanks for your preparation and looking sharp too. It's nice to have the "young people" step up to that role :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]