Sunday, June 26, 2005

WORSHIP LEADER
I have to admit that I feel privileged to serve as a worship leader for CEFC. You know, as the guy who goes up there to greet the newcomers and say the congregational prayer. This month has been my second go-around at it and I have to say, it's been really good for me spiritually. I come more prepared to Sunday morning worship because I already know what the worships songs will be and what passage the sermon will come from. In fact, I've read the passage a bunch of times out loud to practice since I have to read it outloud.
But for some reason, I get VERY nervous doing it, even though I usually don't when doing any other public speaking, even to a larger group of people. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm guessing it's because I'm feel really honored to lead the entire congregation in prayer. It's humbling. So, that's why, I usually try to start of with a small joke or funny thing so I feel better and not so nervous up there.
But I don't have a joke today. I'll just have to wing it and see what happens. Besides, it's not the joke that's important.
Here goes . . .
Comments:
we love having you lead worship,vic!
as for today's joke...um, i think i was it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]