Saturday, June 18, 2005

FEARFUL
I'm fearful I'm becoming somebody I don't want to be. I don't know if it's just the stresses of life getting to me, but I feel tired and irritable more often these days. And that's led me to having a shorter temper and to being less responsible. I'm also getting told time and time again by various people (and a large number of them, at that) that I need to do better at standing my ground and/or to argue back. This has then gotten me into trouble because it seems I've gotten upset at inappropriate times or in inappropriate ways.
Trying to figure this all out has left me fearful of who I am now and who I am becoming. Honestly, the thought of being Anakin and turning into Darth Vader scares me. I'd much rather be Luke and fight the power and resist the temptation.
Comments:
i think you're more like Luke than Anakin, Vic. love, ames
 
I guess it's learning to determine when a situation calls for you to stand up for yourself. Like what do you want to accomplish out of it (purpose), and with that, it probably helps you know what may be the best way to handle it.

It's kind of like choosing your battles.
 
How ironic that you're writing about fear. By the way, have you seen my mask?
 
Nooooo!! Keep your mask!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]