Sunday, May 08, 2005

NO MORE "I SHOULD HAVEs"
Before I got married, I found myself always botching up certain holidays like Mother's Day, birthdays, etc. I would usually end up doing nothing besides saying, "Happy Mother's Day" in the morning. More recently, I would buy flowers from the grocery store to show my appreciation.
It wasn't that I didn't want to do something, I was just really bad at planning something worthwhile and meaningful. But because I didn't do anything, I would end up feeling unhappy at myself and saying, "I should've done this" or "I should've done that."
But since I've been married, I've faired much better, thanks to my wife, of course. Last night, we celebrated Mother's Day by having both sets of parents over for a home-cooked dinner (well, except for the BBQ pork and noodles we got from Chinatown). Karena cooked Chinese spinach and egg-drop soup and brocolli beef. We also had strawberries and a fruit tart from Porto's for dessert. Afterward, we presented our mothers with a large bouquet of flowers and a gift each. Finally, I was able to show my mother just a glimpse of what she truly means to me. And I didn't end the evening by saying, "I should've ..."
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]