Friday, May 20, 2005

DINER FOR DINNER
I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but I really love diners and the food they serve there. Looking back, my love fest for diners probably started in college when we would go out to Carrows or Denny's after church on Friday nights and have some really good conversations. It was a fun time where the eating was good, the conversations were meaningful, laughter was in the air, and the friends were aplenty. Plus, I love that scene from "Pulp Fiction" when John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson are eating in the diner at the end of the movie before it gets held up. That dialogue about pigs being filthy animals was hilarious. It still makes me laugh. I think all of that put together makes me love diners.

For the past 2 years that we've lived in Glendale, we've always wondered what all the fuss was for this diner called "Conrad's." It was always full and there were always people coming in and out of that place. Personally, I thought it looked like a place straight out of the '70s where mostly older individuals ate. But we went there tonight and the crowd was a mixed bag -- families, older folks, teenagers, young adults, etc. The food was decent and again, the conversation good.
We may go back again, but we still don't know what all the fuss was about.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]