Thursday, May 05, 2005

CINCO DE MAYO
This is amazing, we almost never go out to eat on a "work night." But during these few days that I've been ill, we've gone out twice in four nights.
Last night, Karena's boss treated his entire clinic to a dinner at a restuarant on Olvera Street. Chips and salsa and guacamole (which I did not touch) were in the house. Margueritas were plentiful. And I scarfed down two of the best carne asada tacos I have ever had.
But I have to admit that eating Mexican food has gotten so much more difficult now that I'm allergic to guacamole. I still love it though. Ray and I recalled that we viewed eating Mexican food as a real treat because we rarely got it as kids because my mom didn't like it much. Maybe that's why I still risk getting sick just to eat some good buritos and tacos.
Afterwards, I found it so interesting that Olvera Street is literally one block from the heart of Chinatown. How weird to have two different cultural areas so close together. Who said LA was spread apart?!?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]