Wednesday, May 25, 2005

BRAZILIAN BBQ AND GAME SHOWS
We finally got around to trying this place in Burbank called Picanha for Brazilian BBQ. It's very similar to Greenfield where they walk around with various meats on skewers and you eat to your heart's content. After enjoying their lunch complete with salad bar and a lot of meat, I have to say that Greenfield is much better. I was also disappointed they didn't have anything wrapped in bacon (ex. filet mignon wrapped in bacon!)
But while we were there, they had the bar TV on the Game Show Network, which happened to be showing an old episode of "Super Password." I got so into that I couldn't even hold down a decent conversation with Karena. Instead, I started making her guess the password with clues I was giving her. All this made me realize just how much I loved watching daytime game shows as a kid. Some of my favorites included "The Price is Right", the aforementioned "Super Password," "Card Sharks," "Scrabble," "Win, Lose, or Draw," and "Press Your Luck" (Big bucks, no whammies!)
What ever happened to quality daytime TV like that?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]