Saturday, April 30, 2005

WORK STRESS
Maybe I'm getting more cynical as I get older, but I'd venture to say most, if not all people get stressed out by their jobs. In fact, even though they're living the Christian life, it seems they're just trying to make it through the day so they can make it through the rest of the week. They look forward to the Fridays and the weekend. Now, I don't think there's anything wrong with that outlook, but I am saddened to see many people (myself included) just trying to claw my way from Monday to Tuesday to Wednesday, etc. As Steven Curtis Chapman once sang, "There is more to this life ..."
Work stresses me out. It makes me tired, irritable, and short-tempered. And the scary part is that I'm doing a job that I still love. I enjoy my co-workers too.
And now that the chief therapist (and closest friend) at Karena's work has left to start his own practice, Karena is in a pinch too. She will apparently inherit many of his duties while not getting the recognition or the reimbursement (read: $$). Plus, his absence makes her clinic that much more stale and boring. Needless to say, this is stressing her out and making her unhappy.
My patient said to me, "Life sucks. And then you die." What a sad way to go through life! Our lives have purpose and meaning. Plus, God is using these circumstances to shape our character. I need to remind myself of that on a daily basis.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]