Saturday, April 02, 2005

DONATING BLOOD
One of the beauties of donating blood (besides the obvious, of course) is definitely the perks. You usually get free juice and cookies and a T-shirt. Plus, everybody treats you very nicely becuase you voluntarily took time out of your day to endure some pain (I hate needles!).
But when I went to donate for the Glendale Red Cross, I was disappointed. They did not treat us very nicely -- moving WAY TOO slowly, even though they were already running way behind for our scheduled appointments. The room was WAY TOO cold and the nurse who set me up seemed very nervous since my veins are usually tough to get to. It took me about twice as long as the rest of the people there. But I didn't even get a T-shirt! There's just something about getting a free T-shirt that just makes me feel good. Oh well. Instead, I got a red Lance Armstrong-type bracelet that says "Give blood - Give life". But for some strange reason, I decided to wear it. Do I secretly like the bracelet more than the T-shirt?!? Hmmm ...
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]