Wednesday, April 27, 2005

CELEBRATE
My mom generously treated Karena's mom, Karena and me to lunch at Beverly Hills' Mr. Chow restaurant to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (it was yesterday).
I had to admit that I was a little worried at the prospects of getting Americanized, overpriced Chinese food that we could have gotten for a fraction of the cost in Monterey Park. But the food turned out to be very good.
I realized how uncultured I am because I felt so out of place in the restaurant. And I felt awkward doing the trendy thing in handing the waiter the menus and saying, "Just bring out what you thin is best." Actually, I was so nervous about it, Karena ordered for us. The food was quite tasty (except for the fish fillet dish, which was smothered in a rice wine sauce) and the price was decent (for Beverly Hills).
But even though we all had a great time, I'll stick to my inexpensive places in Chinatown and Monterey Park!
Comments:
Wow...2 years already? And you're already acting like an old married couple :P

Well, praise God for that, and also for good tasting, overpriced Chinese-American food. My parents and Tammy won't let me go to P.F. Chang's, even though they're family!

--JC
 
ba dum bump! jess man ya'll...he'll be here the whole week! =P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]