Saturday, March 26, 2005

PEEPS SHOW
I love Easter, but I hate Peeps. I grew up with a sister who loved Peeps (but I think she only minimally enjoys them now because too many people got them for her over the years). And now, I live with a wife who loves them too (we just bought a box at Target for 75 cents, and I thought THAT was too expensive for what we were getting.)
But now, I hear about this website that devotes precious cyberspace to these odd, edible creatures. Check it out if you want to know some useless facts. Or, if you're really looking to get impressed (although it might be a tad bit sacrilegious), you can check out the Peeps shrine this artist made.
Crazy, I tell you, crazy.
Comments:
Victor,

I didn't like peeps either until I read this newpaper columnist who would leave them out to dry in the sun. The peeps become chewy like good salt water taffy...
 
Hi, Victor! I've been a lurker here for awhile now, but find that I cannot not comment on a post about Peeps!

If Karena has any leftovers (which is unlikely three days after Easter), I recommend putting one on a plate and microwaving it for about 10–15 seconds. You'll like watching it expand (like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man) and she'll love the mix of hard/gooey candy.

Peeps are probably a girl thing, but you must appreciate this attempt to reach a wider audience. Just follow the rings. ; )
 
Hey Daphne,

It's Jason. You must've had a heavy Peep influence on your brother. When he comes over to hang out, he will usually bring some snacks. Well, he shocked us all by bringing Peeps. I was about to break out the fondue dish but I was too lazy.
 
Hi, Jason! Daro always supplied me with my Peeps when I was younger (one of his many big brotherly duties), but I don't remember him ever eating them himself.

You should probably take it as a sign of affection (in which case, fondue woudn't have been appropriate anyways.)

: )
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]