Tuesday, March 15, 2005

ALMOST KILLED A MAN
It's not everyday you get an opportunity to almost kill a man. But Sunday afternoon after church, I had exactly that nearly happen to me.
I had just gotten on the 10 Fwy at Atlantic heading home when about 15 bikers pass by in the lane next to me. No big deal. Suddenly, about 50 yards ahead of me, a bad driver suddenly changed lanes in front of two bikers. One of them swerved to avoid being hit and fell to his right side ... into my lane and right in front of me. He slid maybe 25 yards (at least) on his side with the motorcycle on top of his leg while sparks were flying everywhere.
I, of course, saw the whole thing from when the guy first unsafely changed lanes, so I was prepared. (After all, I DID get 100% on my driving test, but that's another story for another time). But still, I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to the side to avoid running the biker over and avoid getting rear-ended.
Everything turned out fine. The biker was able to get up with huge scrapes on his leg and right buttock. His bike didn't seem to start though. I think the bad driver got away. Still, it was eerily scary how I could have easily ran him over had I not been as careful (or as lucky) as I was. Thank God!
Comments:
Whenever a motorcycle is in front of me, I stay far away. When I was going home a few years back, a car made a left turn without yielding to a motorcycle coming from the opposite direction...the bike shattered into hundreds of pieces (no exaggeration) and the guy somersaulted through the air. Thank goodness he was walking on his own 2 feet.
 
I was just telling Cindy and Brenda last night that I would like a motorcycle. I was promptly vetoed.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]