Saturday, February 19, 2005

TRAFFIC TICKET
We were driving along in unfamiliar territory to attend Karena's co-worker's daughter's first birthday. Everything was going great until I turned right off the off-ramp and suddenly found a cop car behind me with his lights on. I didn't even know what had happened.
But he said there were two signs stating "No Right Turn On Red" that I "blatantly disregarded." Now, the truth was that I didn't see them at all. But he made it sound like I saw them ... and blew right past them. Anyway, he gave me the ticket and that made me feel surpringly okay. After all, I guess I am guilty for making the turn, even though I didn't see the signs.
But afterward, the thought of having to sit through 8 hours of traffic school began to make me feel sick. Sandra said she did it on the internet and it only took a few hours. I guess I'll do that.
But the worst part is the cop told me to call or go to the website to pay for the ticket if I wasn't going to contest it. So, I called a few days after getting the ticket so I could just be over and done with it. But they told me, they won't be able to process the ticket for another 3 weeks so it's not even in their system. How stupid is that! So now, I have to remember to call these losers in 3 weeks time and have this stupid ticket hang over my head for nothing. Now, I'm no longer "okay" with it, I'm no longer feeling "sick" about it, I'm just ticked off.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]