Sunday, February 13, 2005

THE BEST MOVE I'VE EVER SEEN
In my 28 years of life, I've been to a lot of surprise parties. Some have worked out beautifully. Most have been busts where the person already knows it coming and fakes a nice surprised look to make the crowd happy.
But yesterday, I saw the best move I've ever seen in the history of surprise parties.
We had gathered together at a restaurant on the Cal State LA campus to surprise Enoch for his 30th birthday. Well, the early goings were very stressful because he managed to get out of contact by turning his cell phone off and going to an unknown location. How were we going to get him there? The surprise was busted and we were going to have to tell him ... that is, if anybody was able to get a hold of him. Finally, he suddenly arrived on his own, walked through the door ignoring the scattered and confused chants of "surprise" and started handing out cards with our names already hand-written on it. In the envelope was a Blockbuster gift card and a note with 24's Jack Bauer saying: "CPU (Chung Party Unit) has been compromised. There's a mole at CPU."
That was amazing. I don't know how he got the guestlist, but I was VERY impressed. Again, I have to say, it was the best move I've ever seen. Truly classy. The surprise was definitely on us.


On another note, in addition to FamiLee, there is a new link to Carolyn's new blog. There's a hilarous story about her kids.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]