Saturday, February 26, 2005

30 HOUR FAMINE (PART II)
This year was by far the toughest one I've ever done. It was way tougher than the year I had to do it while pulling a group all-nighter where I was surrounded by 30 people eating pizzas and snacking on everything from pretzels, chips, ice cream, cake, etc. while at UCLA.
I guess it was tough because over 17 hours of my 30 were spent at work, and all 17 of those hours were extrememly stressful. In fact, even now that I'm off the fast, I find that my temper is much shorter and I'm generally in a very bad mood.
For example, I was in the Burger King drive-thru and got really agitated when the lady couldn't hear me and was rude to me. Then, we were unable to watch the same Netflix movie for the second time because the disc was cracked.
I'm pretty frustrated with life right now. And yet, I figured I'd feel more holy after these 30 Hours. Instead, I feel beat down, worn out, and irate.
Comments:
Does fasting show what's inside us, especially when it's denied?

Also, remember what 30 Hour Famine is for...

JC
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]