Sunday, January 09, 2005

UCLA PRIDE
We were fortunate enough to watch UCLA play Washington with Garth last night in basketball at legendary Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus. We met early beforehand to have dinner and walk around Westwood. The walking was limited by the heavy rain, but we still did manage to have dinner at BJs. Afterwards, we witnessed one of the greatest games I have ever seen. The Bruins were down big (21 in the first half) and Garth (a UW alum) was having a great time taunting my boys and me. Karena, purposefully not wanting to cheer for UCLA, wore her Cornell sweatshirt, although deep inside, I think she was hoping UCLA would win for my sake.
Anyway, after being down by that much, my heart sank. I knew they were the best time in the Pac-10 so far, so I wasn't very confident. But the Bruins of 2004-2005 definitely have heart. They played aggressively and with enough emotion to propel them back. They ended up winning by 9 points. I tried not to flaunt it too much (aside from my UCLA cap and jersey), but I was loving every minute of it! It was a great win and definitely one that was worth driving out in the pouring rain to see.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]