Sunday, January 30, 2005

REST
I knew we must have been tired because we spent the better part of Saturday being lazy. We didn't do any housework. We DID each take an afternoon nap. We didn't go to the gym. In fact, we only spent about two and a half hours outside total.
We did watch two Netflix movies - Philadelphia (an oldie I wanted to see for the good acting) and Big Fish. I think as much as I appreciated Denzel and Tom Hanks' acting, I liked the imaginative Big Fish much better.
We also went to a memorial service for the mother of the chiropractor who teaches us once a month. It was difficult to hear at the small outdoor ceremony and I was really annoyed that the music didn't correlate with the pastor's singing, but it felt right to be there anyway to support our chiropractor friend nonetheless. Plus, I was glad to hear that she was a strong believer and wanted her kids to know Christ also.
While driving there, Jason called and I was talking to him on the phone when I pulled up to the Information booth and said, "Hey, Jas. Hold on. Excuse me, we're hear for the Yu memorial service." When I got back on the phone, Jason nervously said, "Umm ... maybe this isn't a good time to talk about the U2 concert. Umm ... I'll talk to you later?!?" But it was okay because we were more than a half hour early. In fact, we even had time to stop by and visit the graveside of Karena's grandmother. And during our time at Forest Lawn, we also saw Liberace's resting place.
But unfortunately, we were so tired afterward that we went straight home -- a definite no-no in Chinese tradition because they belive you bring home the bad spirits with you. You're usually supposed to go to a public place. But I rationalized that before we walked inside, I brought our trash cans in and Karena went to look at our fruit trees so the spirits went into them ... and not our house. Plus, we don't really believe in that stuff anyway.
And besides, it was nap time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]