Sunday, January 02, 2005

IMPRESSED
I woke up at 7am to take Gabe and Sandra to the airport and couldn't believe what a beautiful day it was on New Year's Day morning, especially after all the rain we've been having. I wasn't bitter or mad about being up at that hour. There was no traffic, and I just sat back and watched the sun peak out from beyond some white clouds against a beautiful blue and gold backdrop.
And on loosely related topic, I am so impressed that it never rains on the Rose Parade. I'm not such a fan of it (except in 1992 when I marched in it as part of Schurr's band), but I do think it's pretty amazing to not have a single drop of rain has fallen on the parade since 1955.
Karen firmly believes that the reason why it hasn't rained ont he parade in 50 years is because God wouldn't allow it to happen. She believes that because people all over the world watch, it would be bad if it was rained out. So, God simply doesn't let it happen. I don't fully agree with her though. But either way, I'm still impressed wtih the parade's track record.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]