Sunday, December 05, 2004

TALK TOO MUCH
Yesterday, we had a great time celelbrating Jacob's birthday at Wild Thyme's. As per our usual, we ended up in that side room so we could all talk and be as loud as we want. (Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever sat anywhere else except in that room. Hmm...) Anyway, the minute I walked in there, I did what I usually do: start talking loudly to a lot of people. I noticed that I naturally and without thinking try and work the room and say hello to everybody, say something funny, and shake some hands. Some days are better than others.

Helena Yee once said, "You and Raymond do exactly the same thing when entering a room. You come in and start dominating conversation and before long, everybody is listening to you tell some funny story." And she meant that as a compliment ... or at least I took it that way. =)

Anyway, so that's what I tried to do yesterday. And today while at church, I was saying a lot of comments and remarking about different funny things during the announcement portion of service. Afterward, Karena told me that i talk too much and I need to control myself so that other people can listen or at least share something too.

The sad part is that I think she may be right.



*And a completely different note, I am pleased to say that my mom and grandfather went with my aunt to church today.

Comments:
I'm not there on Sundays, but I'll vouch for Shen talk any day of the week.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]