Wednesday, December 22, 2004

NOT FEELIN' IT
As you can tell from my last two entries, I'm really not in the Christmas spirit. In fact, I'm not feelin' it at all. But I'm still going to do what I've turned into an annual Christmas tradition for me: sing Silent Night or O Holy Night alone and really think about and the lyrics and experience God's presence and sit alone in front of the lit up Christmas tree and reflect on the blessings and struggles of the year gone by and look forward to the year ahead.
I encourage you all to do the same, especially if you've had a week similar to the one crappy one I've had.
"Fall on you knees/And hear the angels' voices/ O Night Divine!/ O night, when Christ was born!"
Comments:
Man, when the work situation sucks, it's hard to feel festive. Sorry!
But I think besides singing, I'm reminded by the craziness in Matthew's version of Christ's birth: murderous king, wise men caught in the middle, baby killing Roman soldiers. I guess Jesus didn't get a break either! But worship could still go on.

Merry Christmas to y'all!

Jesse & Tammy
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]