Sunday, December 26, 2004

IT'S GOOD TO BE HOME
After being away up in Northern California to be with Karena's extended family for Christmas, I had these thoughts:
1. There's no place like home.
2. For some reason, kids are drawn to me.
3. I'm not as good as my dad at making small talk with people I don't know very well.
4. I'm going to miss my wife this week.
5. My in-laws may do things differently for me and I just need to accept that and not let it become an issue.
6. Irony is driving by Raymond's house ... except Ray is in LA.
7. I can't say I was all that upset that the Lakers lost to the Heat, although I do wish both Kobe and Shaq would get over themselves. Neither name on the backs of their jerseys is as important as the one on the front.
8. Although having fruit trees in your backyard may be a lot of work and leave your yard looking messy at times, it's definitely a cool thing to have.
9. I used to pride myself in keeping my morning bathroom time to a minimum when many people need to use the same bathroom. But I'm finding that I'm not as good at it as I used to be.
10. I spent about an hour and a half playing with a Magna Doodle with Karena and her cousins. I drew a Japanese anime character that her cousin thought was so good, he scanned it into his computer. I thought it was terrible.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]