Wednesday, December 08, 2004

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
Karena has really been on top of things this year. She is nearly finished writing all her Christmas cards. We purchased our tree last week from Home Depot (7 ft. Noble fir) and it was fully decorated by Saturday.
Yesterday, I spent all afternoon hanging out outdoor Christmas lights. Even though things did not go as smoothly as I would have liked, when it was all said and done, I just stood back and looked. Walking around the house with all the lights on just made me suddenly stop to appreciate the season.
Too often, I find myself just trying to make it through the day so I can wake up and do it all over again. But at that moment, I stopped and celebrated the season ... and my life.

Comments:
I love Christmas lights. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]