Saturday, December 18, 2004

CHRISTMAS PARTY
Thursday night marked my work Christmas party. Last year was a bomb because we had food catered in (it wasn't very good) and ate in our department's gym. There's nothing like sitting on a leg press machine while enjoying Christmas lunch food. And last year's gift exchange had me carrying a Home Depot gift card, a Best Buy gift card, a Barnes and Noble gift card, and others. But in the end, all I ended up with was a lousy shower radio.
This year, we managed to have it at dinnertime and went to a Caribbean food place, Bamboo Restaurant in L.A. The food was good (I had the chicken and tried some of the seafood paella). And this year's gift exchange proved to be much better ... for me anyway.
While we were picking numbers for the gift exchange, it was down to the last three numbers. Trying to be a gentleman, I picked up the last three and left the two girls next to me pick their numbers first, leaving me with the last one. They got, 15 and 18, and I got 4. Since the lower numbers usually end up with the worst gifts, I was visibly unhappy. Here I was trying to do the right thing and still, it ended up badly for me. But luckily for me, it all worked out. I ended up stealing "LOTR: Return of the King" extended version DVD and nobody else could steal it from me. I was so excited!
But to tell you the truth, as good as this year was, all I wanted to do was leave and get home to my wife.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]